I really don’t like being a cribby and cranky mom who is always stopping her kids from doing things on account of the fear for something wrong or something breaking etc. I want them to have a fun-filled and care-free childhood where they be their natural self and enjoy each moment. I believe in keeping the intervention low and limiting it to situations where either it is unsafe for them or if they are damaging any type of property.
To ensure that the kids can play without fears and have a happy childhood devoid of inhibitions I ensure the following:
- Keep the house devoid of delicate furniture and pieces so that one does not have to be careful with the smallest of games.
- Keep breakable items out of reach so that the kids are safe and so are the things. Kids are curious beings and will surely touch anything that is within their reach. Also keep small objects away from them so that there is no fear of choking or swallowing them
- Have an accessible toy area so that they are well-entertained with their stuff and don’t need to wait for you to bring their toys out. Lay-out a large mat for messy play so that you tell them to do their painting, sand and clay activities only on that without having to clean the entire house. It may not work at first but the kids will eventually tune into the idea. On the same note I wish I could have used Berger Easy Clean to paint my walls. This paint ensures that even stubborn stains can be cleaned easily from the wall and hence you don’t have to worry about the mess.
- Invest in simple toys which need no supervision so that you need to supervise them while they are playing. I like toys like balls, simple cars, tops, simple dolls etc. Kids are very happy to play with simple things, its we as parents who feel that we should be giving complicated and fancy toys to our kids.
- Light weight toy bins work really well cause the kids can lift them on their ow
- Give them a play area where there are no regulations and they can be carefree while playing.
- Keep away whites and light linens and upholstery so that the chances of stains is lesser and then your temper will be in control
- Inexpensive clothes for the kids so that one does not feel bad if the soil them and can let them play carefree.
- Keep cleaning tools handy and keeping all different types of stain removers, brushes so that one can act quickly.
These are my tips to be a smart and easy mom who ensures that her children and happy and carefree and so is she! Do share your tips and experiences of the same!!