It’s wonderful to feel a sleeping child against your chest, the sweet-smelling, down-covered head under your nose. And this is what you get to experience while you wear the baby!
The Baby who is new to this world, who is growing, is so dependent on the mother for nourishment, care, and comfort. But its not that mothers can leave their daily tasks and errands. And besides they may have others older children who also need their attention right? This is where, BabyWearing comes to the rescue, whereby you can have your baby close to you and execute your other responsibilities as well.
Medical professionals agree that infants thrive through touch; “wearing” your baby is another way to meet this need. Besides, there are another ton of advantages:
1. It promotes the physical development of the baby – When worn, the baby is in tune with the rhythm of the mother’s breathing, the sound of her heartbeat, and her movements.
2. It offers convenience in movement and activities like walking on the street, working at home, negotiating your way in narrow spaces, crowds and on the stairway.
3. Wearing makes happier babies-Studies have shown, that the baby who is worn feels a sense of security which results in them crying and fussing a lot lesser.
4. Colicky babies benefit the most by being worn as they are far happier and comfortable when they are worn.
5. Wearing your baby, not only improves the development of the baby’s core muscles and postures but also benefits the wearer in the same way.
6. Especially useful to toddlers- although baby wearing is associated only with babies, it is actually super beneficial for toddlers. The world is a scary place for toddlers and hence they feel more confident when they know they can retreat to the security of the carrier if needed.
7. Babywearing encourages communication- The more confidence we have in our parenting, the more we can enjoy our children. A large part of feeling confident as a parent is the ability to read our baby’s cues successfully. When we hold our baby close in a carrier, we become finely attuned to his gestures and facial expressions. This positive interaction enhances the mutual attachment between parent and child, and makes life more enjoyable for everyone.
8. Carriers help bonding with parents, grandparents and the caregivers – Carriers are a useful tool for every adult in a baby’s life. The baby is becoming used to the caregivers voice, heartbeat, movements and facial expressions, and the two are forging a strong attachment of their own. Cuddling up close in the baby carrier is a wonderful way to get to know the baby in your life, and for the baby to get to know you!
9. Baby carriers offer a safe place to the child – Instead of running loose in crowded or dangerous places, a child in a carrier is held safe and secure right next to your body. Baby carriers also provide emotional safety when needed, so that children can venture into the world and become independent at their own pace.
10. Babywearing is enjoyable – Who doesn’t love to cuddle a precious little baby? And when your baby is older, having her in the carrier makes conversations easier and allows you to observe her reactions to the wonders of the world around her. It’s also fun for baby, because when she is up at eye level, other adults notice and interact with her more. Your child will feel more a part of your life when she is in her carrier, and you will find yourself becoming more and more enchanted with this special little person.
“Baby wearing does good things for babies, and it makes life easier for mothers.”
Article By Smita Lunawat
Smita started CuddleNCare which makes ergonomically designed and patterned, baby carriers. She started this venture after not being able to find a carrier which suited her and her baby’s needs. Her objective is to spread her own baby-wearing experience to others in a adoptable & affordable manner. Her page is: https://www.facebook.com/cuddlencare.smita.lunawat