We all know the countless benefits of the popular superfood quinoa with its high protein, fiber and mineral content!!
Quinoa can be introduced to toddlers in several interesting ways and I hope to share several of these recipes. Here is lovely fruity recipe, where I have used mangoes and grapes since they are in season but can be replaced with strawberries, pineapple or papaya.
We have used honey in the dressing to give it some sweetness, however if you have not yet introduced your toddler to honey, you can replace it with organic jaggery.
¼ cup quinoa (I have used red, but you can use any variety)
2 tsp honey or 2 tsp organic jaggery powder
1 tsp lemon juice
½ mango diced into cubes
10-12 grapes diced into halves
- Combine quinoa with 1/2 cup of water in a pan. Bring to boil. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes. Once the quinoa is cooked, drain completely. Allow it to cool
- In a separate bowl mix the honey and lemon.
- Add the chopped fruit to the quinoa leaving some aside for garnishing.
- Drizzle the dressing all over the quinoa and mix well.
- Layer in a plate, garnish your way and refrigerate for 10 minutes. Ready to serve!
About The Author
Charu Mehta is a culinary genius arising out of her passion to cook for her kids & grandchild! She conducts cooking classes across cuisines. She has special classes for teenagers, kids, and foreign tourists visiting India and wanting to try their hand at Indian cooking!!
She can be reached on: